Complete refit of the steel / aluminium ketch “ex – Jasali” of 138′ for the Thyssen family (Baroness Thyssen). Only a big part of the original steel and aluminium structure and the masts have been retained. From there on Matamua was treated as a new design from the scratch. All the systems have been redesigned, including propulsion, plant for black water treatment, air condition systems, sheeting system for the sails, hydraulic systems, etc. In the interior a complete new distribution has been made and all furniture has been designed new.
The actual Matamua (ex JASALI) is a 37 m steel/aluminum ketch originally built in Holland and belongs now to a well known Spanish owner, who bought the yacht with the intention of doing a relatively small refit, affecting the main owners living areas. This idea was left behind at the early stages to go for a major refit.
This refit involved BYD group to develop in collaboration with the yard , in some specific chapters, all the technical aspects including the following interventions:
- Design of a completely new interior layout + producing all the construction drawings.
- Design, in collaboration with the yard, of a new engine room arrangement+ producing all the construction drawings.
- Design, in collaboration with the yard, of all new systems + producing all the construction drawings.
- Design of a new bow and stern thrusters + producing all the construction drawings.
- Design of the deck new requirements and accesses to accommodate the different interior distribution + producing all the construction drawings.
- Design of new supports and layout of the different electronics requirements on the two masts + producing all the construction drawings.
- Strict naval architect supervision and monitoring to guarantee the trim and stability required parameters.
- Close follow up of the project evolution with Lloyds representatives during the entire process in order to maintain the Lloyds full classification that it has before the refit.
- Writing of the “As built” specification of the yacht.
- Producing all the required “As built “drawings as required from the owner representative.
The magnitude of the refit was such that a complete and accurate 3d model of the boat structure was developed from the original drawings and real yacht, in order to allow the further development of the complete project, also in 3d, which would permit producing all the construction and as built drawings required.
|LENGHT:38.5m||Max Speed: 10 Knots|
|BEAM: 8.09m||CONSTRUCTION: Steel/Aluminium|
|DISPLACEMENT: 258.000 Kg|
|ENGINE: MAN D2842 LE 405 900Hp|